Behind the Scenes Parliament Tour Fully Guided Tour at Closing Time
- Sold Out
This parliament tour takes you inside the Palace of Westminster (as other visitors are going home for the day), for a tranquil walk through the most famous rooms. Following the same route that Queen Elizabeth takes during the State opening of Parliament, you'll encounter striking art and architecture before stepping into the nearly empty House of Lords, where you'll stand by royal thrones as you learn about the history of this politically hallowed ground.
* Step inside The Palace of Westminster with the last entry of the day and experience the heart of British democracy as the crowds begin to go home.
* Walk in the footsteps of the Queen as you trace her normal processional route at the State Opening of Parliament.
* Marvel as the architecture and art on display by Augustus Pugin, Charles Barry, William Dyce, Daniel Maclise, and more.
* Stop in the Queen's Robing Room, Royal Gallery, Prince's Chamber, House of Commons, and more!
Your After-Hours Parliament Tour begins in Westminster Hall, the oldest and one of the most impressive parts of the Palace, where you'll meet your expert guide and small group of no more than 25 people. You’ll then make your way to the Royal Staircase to follow the Queen's customary route on her annual State Opening of Parliament. What comes next is a guided Parliament tour through the building's most impressive rooms, including the Queen’s Robing Room, the Royal Gallery, and the Prince's Chamber. In each of these rooms you'll soak up incredible art and architecture and learn about the people and events behind them.
After a tour of the House of Commons, you’ll come to the pièce de résistance of your Parliament tour: the splendid Chamber of the House of Lords. At this hour, the chamber is nearly empty, making your visit feel extremely special. Standing next to the throne where Queen Elizabeth sits during the State Opening, you'll learn about the history of the room as you bask in its opulence.
This is the ultimate experience for lovers of architecture and royal history. There is simply no feeling quite like exploring the United Kingdom’s premier palace without the normal daytime crowds.
* Norman Porch
* Queen’s Robing Room
* Royal Gallery
* Prince’s Chamber
* Chamber of the House of Commons
* Chamber of the House of Lords
* Westminster Hall
* St. Stephen’s Hall
* Central Lobby
* Peers Lobby
* Voting Lobby
* Expert Tour Guide
* Parliament Guided Tour
* Hotel Pick-Up / Drop-Off
* 20 people per guide
* 2 Hours
* Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
* Please note that for security reasons, airport-style bag searches will take place at the Houses of Parliament.
* Photography is not permitted inside Houses of Parliament.
* Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
No Seating plan available.
No gallery images available.
Winston Churchill Statue
Parliament SquareLondon SW1P 3JX