British Museum VIP Private Access: Alone with the Rosetta Stone
- Sold Out
Experience the British Museum in a unique light as you walk about the vast and peaceful space, taking in some of the most important artifacts from its treasured collection - all before the museum opens to the public.
* Experience the British Museum before it opens to the public
* Unlock the door to the Rosetta Stone and spend alone time with the museum’s treasured Egyptian collection
* Enjoy fascinating insights from your experienced, expert Walks guide
* Discover highlights from Ancient Greece, Egypt, China and Southeast Asia
* See the Parthenon Marbles, Lely’s Venus, Gebelein Man and Easter Island's Hoa Hakananai'a
* Maximum 20 people per group
Our special VIP tour allows for a truly rare experience; alone time with one of the most famous objects in the British Museum - the Rosetta Stone. In fact, your guide holds the key to the room housing some of the museum’s most iconic pieces, and it will be opened just for you, before the crowds get a chance to make their way inside.
An early start means you’ll meet your Walks guide before the museum even opens, when you will be issued with special security passes to enter. Enjoy a brief introduction to the historic building before heading inside to experience something only few patrons are privileged with: a still and undisturbed British Museum which is not yet officially opened to the public.
Inside, your guide will unlock the door to a collection of Ancient Egyptian treasures, where you will enjoy a private viewing of the magnificent Rosetta Stone and Ramesses II - with excellent insights from your expert guide who not only holds the key to the room, but to the secrets and stories behind the artifacts too.
As the public now begins to trickle in to the building, our tour is onto a still-quiet Ancient Greece to see the Parthenon Marbles and the stirring Lely’s Venus. From there we’ll take in the fascinating pieces that make up the Egyptian Life, Death and Afterlife, with a mummy of a cat and the Gebelein Man (aka ‘Ginger’) being two of the most captivating relics within the collection for you to discover.
In China and Southeast Asia we’ll meet the spellbinding Bronze Statue of Tara and learn all about the ornate ceramic tiles of the Ming Dynasty before finally finishing up with Hoa Hakananai'a of the iconic Easter Island moai, whom has been beautifully preserved by the British Museum.
This special tour of the British Museum is truly a once-in-a-lifetime way to experience one of the world’s most impressive collections of human history, art and culture.
* British Museum
* Egyptian Sculpture Room
* Rosetta Stone
* Ancient Greece
* Parthenon Marbles
* China and Southeast Asia
* Easter Island Hoa Hakananai'a
* Food & Beverages
* Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
Approximately 2 hrs 45 mins
* This is a mostly walking tour. Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
* Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
* Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
* Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
No Seating plan available.
No gallery images available.
The British Museum
Great Russell StLondon WC1B 3DG