Broadway Theatre District Tour
- Sold Out
No other tour captures the glory and the the glamour, the legends and legacies of Broadway like this one...
* "Crossroads of the world" theater district walking tour
* A journey through the history of American theater and music
* The Belasco, Booth, Hudson, and Imperial theaters
* Radio City Music Hall and the Music Box Theater
* Enthralling stories about celebrated actors and their shows
* Statues of George M. Cohan and Father Duffy
* The Palace Theater, the premier Vaudeville house
* The Hard Rock Café
* John Jacob Astor's Knickerbocker Hotel
* Those dancing feet of 42nd St., and much more!
* Allows time to catch your 2:00 PM matinee!
Broadway is synonymous with entertainment, so we've made our walking tour of the Great White Way exactly that: fun-filled and engaging along with making it fascinating and informative. Each of the renowned theaters we'll visit—among them the Winter Garden, New Amsterdam, Paramount, and Shubert—has its own wonderful stories to tell and secrets to reveal. It all comes to life as we recount the legendary shows, stars and stages that have made this district the center of the theatrical universe with Times Square at its very core. See where Eugene O'Neill was born and where Burt Williams broke the color barrier. Discover the roles Broadway icons like George M. Cohan, Father Duffy, Rogers and Hammerstein, and Andrew Lloyd Weber played in its history and development. All this is set against the stunning resurgence the theater district enjoys today. Prepare yourself for two hours of nonstop entertainment and surprises. It's as uplifting as attending a hit Broadway show itself!
Approximately 2 hours
1.5 miles/2 kilometers
Tour meets at the Times Square Visitor's Alliance center on 7th Avenue between 46th and 47th Street. Please arrive at the tour starting point 15 minutes prior to beginning of the tour.
All tours run regardless of weather, unless the company notifies guests of a change in the tour schedule.
Prices do not include tour guide gratuity, and tips are appreciated.
No Seating plan available.
No gallery images available.
Times Square Visitor Alliance Information Center
7th Ave between 46th and 47th StNew York 10036