Greenwich Village Food Tour
- Sold Out
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN GREENWICH VILLAGE FOOD TOUR & TASTINGS
* Delve into the heart of foodie favorite Greenwich Village. With an expert guide, you’ll explore the historic Italian section of The Village by foot and by stomach, with plenty of delicious tastings.
* Learn how Italian cuisine has shaped and evolved to the American way of life, how to spot American adaptations from more traditional recipes.
* With a local foodie leading the way, you’ll weave through Greenwich Village, popping into the best stores, where pasta is still made by hand, or grabbing an arancino to go. Your exact route and menu change depending on the season and day to guarantee the best experience.
Approximately 3 hrs
REAL ITALIAN FOOD TOUR BY REAL LOCAL FOODIES
Over the last two years this Italian Greenwich Village Food Tour has been carefully crafted to be the most authentic and personal experience possible. Led by one of our obsessive foodies, you will explore the most beautiful neighborhood of NYC, sampling its most delicious food. What better way to spend a few hours?
This tour is all about surprises — whether that is pasta made with lemon juice rather than water; or fresh rice balls (you never know what’s inside...)
All of the food you taste will be authentically Italian, brought to New York by communities of immigrants who built their community around tables of delicious, homemade food. Property prices may have changed since then but the food hasn’t, as you’ll be happy to learn during your adventure.
EAT YOUR WAY THROUGH GREENWICH VILLAGE
There are some staples on our Greenwich Village Food Tour. For example, you will always visit one of the neighborhood's most beloved Italian restaurants, where you’ll be treated to a special homemade pasta and a tasting of regional olive oils. You’ll also enjoy a perfect slice from John’s of Bleecker Street and your guide will bring you a treat from our favorite family-run market, Faicco’s, which does the most amazing arancini - as good as anything we’ve ever tasted in Italy.
As for the rest of your menu, it will depend on the day. You may stop by a hole in the wall for eggplant parmigiana, or chow down on tiramisu on a park bench. Your tour will keep moving to be sure that you get the most from your time, only stopping for one sit-down meal.
SMALL GROUPS FOR MAXIMUM INTIMACY
Italians believe that good company is an important ingredient in any great meal and we wholeheartedly agree. We have kept our groups to just 15 people or fewer to ensure that the conversation flows freely throughout and that you have plenty of time to ask your guide any questions you can think of.
Although the focus is on food, our Greenwich Village Food Tour is also an exploration of history and culture. In particular, our walk focuses on the traditionally Italian section of the Greenwich neighborhood, known as the South Village. As you walk from Bleecker Street to the edge of SoHo, your guide will fill you in on the fantastic history of the area and the growing pains of a city onto which the world projected its dreams.
After a short three hours you’ll leave your guide with a full belly and a ton of recommendations for restaurants to try in your area, tips on where to find the best pizza and a new appreciation for authentic Italian food - just like mamma used to make it.
* John’s of Bleecker Street
* Greenwich Village food speciality shops
* Historic neighborhood highlights
* South Village, an original Italian immigrant neighborhood
* Legendary Bleecker Street
* All food tastings, including dessert
* Expert local foodie tour guide
* Small groups of 15 people or fewer - a quality food tour should be no larger!
* Hotel pick-up/drop-off
As this is a food tour it is requested that any guests with food allergies or preferences inform us at the time of booking to allow us to make changes to facilitate them. Although the supplier will do their best to facilitate anyone with allergies or preferences, they do require sufficient notice time to do so.
The Washington Square Arch in Washington Square Park, the south side which faces the park and fountain. Washington Square Arch is located in Washington Square Park (in the Greenwich Village neighborhood) at the intersection of 5th Avenue and Washington Square North. The arch is hard to miss, it stands 77 feet tall (23 meters), is clad in white marble, and is modeled after ancient Roman triumphal arches and the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
No Seating plan available.
No gallery images available.
Washington Square Arch
Washington Square N New York New York,10012