Harlem Gospel Tour on Sunday | TG1
- Sold Out
Visit renown Harlem and witness its ongoing renaissance with our Harlem Gospel Tour. Enjoy a guided bus tour through Harlem's charming tree-lined streets and historical districts before attending an uplifting worship service in a local church, where you will experience the soul-stirring power of live gospel music.
* Take a guided bus tour of historic Harlem with a live tour guide
* See the famous Apollo Theater and the Cotton Club
* Attend a Sunday morning gospel service
Learn about Harlem from its origins as a rural Dutch community to its transformation into a summer retreat for New York's most prominent families. Journey into the past and see the African-American Mecca for writers and artists at the turn of the century. Hear about Harlem's troubled past during the 1960's and 1970's and view its present day community beam with pride as it revels in Harlem's renaissance.
See famous NYC sights and landmarks such as Columbia University, City College, Morningside Heights, the Morris Jumel Mansion, Sylvan Terrace, Strivers Row, the Cotton Club, the Apollo Theater, the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, Sugar Hill, Duke Ellington's apartment, the famous 125th street and many more. End your tour of Harlem by joining a local congregation* for the Sunday worship mass service and experience the soul-stirring power of gospel music with a live gospel choir!
If you are not available on Sunday, come and join us on our Harlem Gospel tour on Wednesday!
*For many years we have developed relations with churches in Harlem and followed their congregations and gospel choirs. For this reason, church stops may now take place in the north of Harlem or in the Bronx. This will in no case affect the content or the schedule of the tour.
* Tour runs every Sunday.
* Tours in English: departure at 9:30 AM
* Tours in French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese: departure at 9:00 AM
* Tour duration: about 4 hours.
* Tour duration may vary depending on the length of the church service.
* Departure point: 690 Eighth Avenue.
* Please come and exchange your voucher 24 hours before the tour at the Harlem Spirituals office and be at departure point at least 15 minutes prior to departure. If you can't come to our office 24 hours in advance, you can also exchange or get your tickets the morning of your tour.
* Out of respect for the congregants, we ask that you not wear shorts, tank tops and flip flops.
* Cameras and cam recorders are not allowed inside the church.
* For wheelchair accessibility, please contact us at least 1 month in advance.
* Tour package does not include meals and beverages, optional gratuities, or hotel pick-up and drop-off.
No Seating plan available.
No gallery images available.
690 Eighth AveNew York 10036