Heroes of the World Trade Center Tour
- Sold Out
LEARN THE TRUE STORIES OF HEROISM ON 9/11 AND PAY SOLEMN TRIBUTE TO THEIR SACRIFICE
* 2 hour journey into the tragedy and aftermath of 9/11
* 9/11 Memorial site history and details from start to finish
* Riveting recounting of events where the Twin Towers fell
* Poignant stories of heroic bravery and sacrifice
* Tiny St. Paul's Chapel, which miraculously survived the attack
* The American Express Eleven Tears Memorial
* Reflecting Absence Memorial and Steel Beam Cross
* American Express Eleven Tears Memorial
* Firefighters’ 9/11 Memorial and Engine and Ladder Co. 10/10
* Essex World Deli, which became an emergency medical station
* Beautiful Winter Garden plaza at the World Financial Center
* Reflect at the Beautiful Garden of the 9/11 memorial in honor of the victims
(If you would like the extended 9/11 Memorial Museum and Ground Zero Tour, click here.)
This is the tour for those inextricably drawn to the World Trade Center site—who seek to comprehend firsthand the horrific events of 9/11 and pay their respects to those who perished. Knowledgeable and sensitive, your expert guide relates spellbinding stories of heroic deeds and ultimate sacrifice as you survey Ground Zero. You'll visit nearby venues and learn what parts they played during those dreadful days, including St. Paul's Chapel, yards away, which incredibly was spared from severe damage and served as a hub for relief efforts. Tour participants report gaining a profound sense of the magnitude of the attack and its disastrous effects, as well as renewed hope as they view future plans for the 9/11 memorial and witness the heartening rebirth of the area.
Your guide will share key facts, illuminating events and heartbreaking stories of the tragic day while weaving through the various attractions within the World Trade Center area including St Paul’s Chapel, the American Express Eleven Tears Memorial, Winter Garden and, of course, the Ground Zero site. Your guide will take you through the various attractions, giving you ample opportunity for reflection and contemplation. You are welcome to bring flowers or tributes to place by the 9/11 Memorial site.
This tour offers an unforgettable experience as you hear stories of the heroes of 9/11 and how New York City rose from the ashes of tragedy to flourish once more.
FOR 3-HOUR WORLD TRADE CENTER WALKING TOUR INCLUDING 9/11 MEMORIAL MUSEUM TICKETS, CLICK HERE.
TOTAL DURATION Approximately 2 hours
TOTAL LENGTH 1 mile/1.6 kilometers. A moderate amount of walking is involved. Tour is inaccessible by wheelchair.
DEPARTURE POINT Tour departs outside the entrance to St. Paul Chapel Located at 209 Broadway, between Vesey and Fulton Streets. Please arrive at the tour starting point 15 minutes prior to beginning of the tour.
All tours run regardless of weather, unless the company notifies guests of a change in the tour schedule.
PLEASE NOTE: Discretionary gratuity is not included, and tips are appreciated.
St Paul's Chapel
209 BroadwayNew York 10007