NYC TV & Movie Tour
- Sold Out
On Location Tours’ NYC TV & Movie Tour, will lead you to New York City’s best filming locations! On this guided sightseeing bus tour you will see over 60 NYC locations featured in your favorite TV shows and movies.
* Visit locations from Friends including their apartment building
* Stop at the Park featured in Girls, The Mindy Project, Glee, & When Harry Met Sally
* See the pub that Michael Keaton frequents in Birdman
* Pass the hotels featured in Modern Family, American Hustle, and Ocean’s 8
* Spot The Original Soup Man and other locations featured on Seinfeld
* Catch a glimpse of the Oscorp and Daily Bugle offices from Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man
* Visit McGee’s Pub, the inspiration for MacLaren’s in How I Met Your Mother
* Children 5 & under are free sitting on an adults lap
* See new locations from Veep, Girls, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Homeland, Trainwreck, Mr. Robot, Marvel’s Daredevil and Jessica Jones, Younger and more!
* Pick-up location: In front of Ellen’s Stardust Diner (on the corner of 51st Street & Broadway)
* Drop-off location: In front of McGee’s Pub (near the corner of 55th Street & Broadway)
* Tour length: Approximately 2.5 - 3 hours
* C'est disponible en français grâce à l'application
Sit back and relax as your tour guide leads you through the most filmed city in the world. He/she will take you on a tour of the city’s most recognizable locations sharing with you some of the TV and film industry's best-kept secrets. Follow in the footsteps of your favorite characters when you hop off at different locations throughout your tour. Watch, as your favorite films and TV shows become a reality, while you tour New York City and see where all that TV and movie-magic has happened.
The experience begins in the heart of New York City, Times Square. See where Kimmy and Titus sing their hearts out in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Pass the famous steps where the cast of Glee sang a version of “I Love New York/New York, New York” in the Season 2 finale, and where Jamie introduced Dylan to the word “Flash Mob” in Friends with Benefits. Then pass the bar where Michael Keaton has his post performance drink in Birdman.
CENTRAL PARK SOUTH & COLUMBUS CIRCLE
As you venture into Columbus Circle you’ll see famous buildings like The Time Warner Center and Trump International, home to some of the most expensive real estate in the country. Appearing in and movies like Tower Heist, Enchanted and Ghostbusters, Columbus Circle is a New York staple that cannot be missed.
As you venture down Central Park South, you’ll get a glimpse of the locations that have set the stage in a number of the industry’s latest and greatest. See the most filmed building in the world, The Plaza Hotel, as seen in films such as American Hustle, The Great Gatsby, Bride Wars, Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, and Crocodile Dundee. The Plaza’s Oak Room Bar set the stage Hitchcock’s North by Northwest and was featured in the last season of Mad Men. Out front is the beautiful Pulitzer Fountain that was replicated in the opening credits of Friends and where Blair and Serena danced on Gossip Girl.
FLATIRON DISTRICT AND CHELSEA
The journey continues as you approach the Flatiron Building, which you’ll recognize from Spider-Man, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and the scene from The Other Guys when Samuel L. Jackson and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson leap from the top. Across the street is Madison Square Park, where Ron Burgundy fights the ultimate battle of the news teams in Anchorman 2. You may also recognize this park from I am Legend, The Adjustment Bureau and Something Borrowed.
As your tour heads downtown to New York City’s financial district, you’ll catch glimpse of Wall St. where Wall Street was filmed. You’ll have the opportunity to walk up to the doorway of the Men In Black Headquarters. You’ll see the New York County Courthouse most recognizable as the Courthouse seen in every episode of Law & Order. Plus, get a look at the famous Charging Bull where Eva Mendes’ character in Hitch runs into one of Hitch’s clients, also seen in the latest version of Arthur starring Russell Brand.
The Tribeca area is famous for its annual film festival founded by Robert De Niro but is also the location where many films are made. Your tour guide will escort you for a photo-op at the FDNY Hook & Ladder 8, known as the Ghostbusters’ Firehouse, which is also seen in Hitch and Seinfeld.
GREENWICH VILLAGE , SOHO, AND THE MEATPACKING DISTRICT
In Greenwich Village your guide will lead you off the grid, literally into the maze of one hundred year old townhouses and cobblestone streets. You’ll appear in a familiar place, the perfect photo-op outside the apartment building that was home to Monica, Chandler, Joey, and Rachel from Friends.
* In an effort to stay current, we are constantly updating our tours with new locations and cannot guarantee the presence of locations mentioned on our site. If you have a particular interest in locations from a specific TV show or movie, please let your tour guide know and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
No Seating plan available.
No gallery images available.
Ellen's Stardust Diner
1650 BroadwayNew York 10019