Soul Food and Jazz Tour | T4
- Sold Out
Come and relive the high-stepping, fun-loving nights of the 1920s! Join us for a great night out in Immortal Harlem. Tour the neighborhood with one of our professional city guides and learn about Harlem's role in the history of Jazz in addition to the roles of its most noted jazz musicians who gave New York its musical edge.
* Discover Harlem's Jazz history with a live tour guide
* See famous landmarks like the Apollo Theater and stroll along the 125th street
* Savor some of the best soul food at Sylvia's restaurant for dinner
* Listen to Jazz music and enjoy two drinks in one of Harlem's hottest Jazz clubs
Join us for a fun night on the town for some delicious Soul Food and cool Jazz in Harlem!
Come and relive the high-stepping, fun-loving nights of the 1920s! Learn about Harlem's role in the history of Jazz. Hear about its most noted jazz musicians who gave New York its musical edge like Duke Ellington and Lena Horne who spent hours wowing crowds from around the world.
Hear all about how Benny Goodman and Chick Webb fought it out during their "Battle of the Bands," and how dances like the “Charleston,” "Lindy Hop" and the "Big Apple" became cemented into American culture. Stroll along 125th street its main artery and stop at the world-famous Apollo Theater, where Sarah Vaughan and Ella Fitzgerald won the popular "Amateur Night” competition which still goes on every Wednesday night.
Enjoy a delicious family style dinner at Sylvia's legendary restaurant - "The Queen of Soul Food" ; then Jam the Night away in one Harlem ‘s local clubs and Enjoy the first two rounds of drinks on us.
On Mondays, swing dance the night away at the Cotton Club to the beat of a terrific, twelve-piece band. Free dance lesson included! On Thursdays, enjoy the convivial atmosphere as you hang out with locals at a local jazz club, and dance to the sounds of a jazz or rhythm & blues band.
*What is "Soul Food?" Soul Food is the traditional African American cuisine that originated in the South of the United States. It consists of spicy ribs, collard greens, freshly cooked corn bread, black eye peas, and not to mention the best crispy fried chicken!
* Tour operates every Monday, Thursday in English and French; weather permitting. Tour does not operate January through March.
* Tour duration: about 5 hours
* Departure time: 7:00 PM
* Departure point: 690 Eighth Avenue
* Return point: Times Square area
* Please be at departure point at least 15 minutes prior to departure.
* Tour available in English and French.
* Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
* Tour departs from Midtown by subway via the A Train and returns to midtown by minivan.
* For wheelchair accessibility, please contact us at least 1 month in advance.
* Cover charge for the Jazz club and 2 drinks are included.
* Coffee and or hot tea is included with the meal (1 per person).
* This tour does not include additional drinks during dinner, optional gratuities, or hotel pick-up and drop-off.
* Min: 4 people / Max: 15 people
No Seating plan available.
No gallery images available.
690 Eighth AveNew York 10036