Statue of Liberty Essential Afternoon Tour
- Sold Out
Not everyone wants to catch the first ferry to the Statue of Liberty, and for those people we have the Essential Statue Tour - our most laid-back experience at the Statue of Liberty. This leisurely visit still features fascinating stories from our expert guides - but you don't have to wake up early to hear them! The crowds are a little larger on this afternoon tour, but for those who like to keep a relaxed schedule on their vacations, this is a great option.
* Experience a leisurely afternoon at the Statue of Liberty
* Discover the fascinating story behind America's most iconic statue
* Take in beautiful views of New York from the statue base
* Enjoy a relaxed tour with all-inclusive itinerary taken care of (including a return ferry cruise to Liberty Island)
Your tour starts when you meet your guide and group of fellow visitors at Battery Park. After discovering more about famous buildings such as Castle Clinton and the Pier A Harbor House, you'll hop onto a ferry with your all-inclusive tickets and enjoy a scenic cruise over to Liberty Island.
Once on the island, prepare to become immersed in the story of America's most iconic statue. You might be surprised to learn that initially the Statue of Liberty was a tough sell to New Yorkers - in fact, the project was almost derailed numerous times due to lack of funding.
As you make your way towards the statue base grounds, you'll take in beautiful views of New York Harbor before standing in awe beneath Lady Liberty herself (the perfect spot for a photo or two!)
An exciting addition to Liberty Island, the brand new state-of-the-art Statue of Liberty Museum officially opened to the public in May 2019. Inside, you'll have time to discover amazing artifacts from the planning and building process and to learn why many of the things you think you know about the statue (including why it was built) are not what you've been led to believe!
Your guided tour ends on Liberty Island, but you can hop a ferry to Ellis Island for no extra charge and see the wonderful Immigration Museum, or just head back to Battery Park. Either way, your guide will give you directions and recommendations for how to spend the rest of your vacation.
In just three hours you'll have seen America's most iconic statue, delved into its fascinating story with your expert guide, and taken a few pictures from the grounds of Lady Liberty to prove it! Who says the early bird always gets the worm?
* Castle Clinton National Monument
* Pier A Harbor House (from exterior)
* Battery Park
* Expert, Local Tour Guide
* Fully guided Statue of Liberty
* All ferry tickets between Battery Park and Statue of Liberty
* Small Groups of 20 people
* Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
Approximately 3 hours
* Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
* Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
* Please note this tour does not include a visit to the Statue of Liberty's Crown or Pedestal.
* Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to board the ferry. Certain items are not permitted and such items will be confiscated and will not be returned. Please refer to the Statue of Liberty’s guidelines on specific prohibited items: http://www.nps.gov/stli/planyourvisit/yoursafety.htm
* Please note, the ferry does not operate during heavy rain or other adverse weather conditions; when this occurs, an alternative option is provided.
Front entrance of Pier A Harbor House, 22 Battery Place, in Battery Park, to the right of Statue of Liberty ferry and Castle Clinton
Meeting Point Directions:
* Directions by taxi: Tell your driver to drop you off at Pier A Harbor House, Battery Park, near the Statue of Liberty ferry
* Directions by subway: Take Line 4 or 5 to Bowling Green, or Lines 1 or R to Rector Street. Walk towards the water. Pier A Harbor House is to the right of the Statue of Liberty ferry and Castle Clinton
No Seating plan available.
No gallery images available.
Pier A Harbor House
22 Battery PlaceNew York 10004