Statue of Liberty Early Access Tour with Statue Pedestal & Ellis Island
- Sold Out
Early Access to the Statue of Liberty Pedestal and Ellis Island
* Take an early ferry to Liberty Island – and arrive before the crowds!
* Enjoy a guided tour of the Statue of Liberty, including special access to the statue pedestal.
* Visit Ellis Island and follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants, taking their first step on the land of freedom.
* Get more from the experience with an expert guide at the Ellis Island Immigration Museum –walk the Stairs of Separation, visit the Kissing Post and hear tales at the American Immigrant Wall of Honor to put a human context on your visit.
* With small groups of 20 people or fewer the tour will be intimate, the guide easy to interact with.
Approximately 4 Hours
Meet NYC’s most famous lady up close and in person on the Early Access Statue of Liberty Tour. We’ll start our tour with a little context, visiting the sites around Battery Park. The memorials here rarely get the attention they deserve, from visitors rushing past to board the ferry. The stories they have to tell are well worth hearing though, so we’ll spare some time for the Castle Clinton National Monument, Pier A Harbor House, the American Merchant Mariner’s Memorial, the Sphere and New York Korean War Veteran’s Memorial.
Then it’s off to Liberty Island, with priority boarding. Once there, you’ll enjoy stunning views back over the city and a guided tour that takes you right into the pedestal, getting you closer to Lady Liberty than a regular visit.
Here your guide will teach you a little about the city’s greatest icon. Gifted to the US by France and designed by their finest architects including Gustav Eiffel (whose Parisian Tower you may be familiar with), Lady Liberty wasn’t as warmly received as you would think. With your expert guide on hand, you’ll hear all about the struggle that got her on her feet and made her even more special to the people of New York.
Then it’s back on the ferry and on to Ellis Island, where you’ll follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants. With your expert guide on hand you’ll learn about the lengthy immigration process they went through, walking the Stairs of Separation to understand the island’s two very different names – ‘The Island of Hope’ and ‘The Island of Tears’. Together you’ll explore the museum’s impressive collection of interactive displays, asking all the questions you want of your expert guide. Our tour ends in Ellis Island, so you can stay a little longer if you’d like, or head back on the ferry with your guide.
With small groups of 20 people or fewer and early morning ferries to the islands, we ensure that your tour is peaceful and relaxed, removing the stress and frustrations of the average visit. And with an expert guide on hand you’re certain to learn a thing or two, getting more from your experience than you would have on your own.
Please be aware that the Statue of Liberty pedestal access requires a 215-step climb, with no elevator access. However, the Statue Pedestal has elevator access so we are happy to accommodate wheelchair users or those with limited mobility on this tour. The only part you will not be able to visit is a small platform at the very top of the Statue Pedestal.
* Please note this tour does not include a visit to the Statue of Liberty's Crown, due to security measures in place by the National Park Services who manage the Statue of Liberty.
* Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Front entrance of Pier A Harbor House, 22 Battery Place, in Battery Park, to the right of Statue of Liberty ferry and Castle Clinton
Ellis Island (Guest can choose to stay on Ellis Island and return on their own or take ferry back to Battery Park with Guide.)
* Our Statue of Liberty tours run rain or shine but the one exception is if the coastguard stops water traffic in New York Harbor due to inclement weather.
(If you would like to book this tour from March 2019 please click here.)
No Seating plan available.
No gallery images available.
Pier A Harbor House
22 Battery Place New York NY,10004